Careers at Speakeasy Ales & Lagers
Looking to get an in with the mob? We're an ever-growing team of hard-working beer bootleggers and we hire for passion, personality, skill, and knowledge of our industry. If you’re interested in joining our team, please check for open positions below.
Even if there aren’t any open positions below, feel free to email a cover letter and resume our way. Please understand that you may not get a response if you send in an unsolicited application.
Speakeasy Ales & Lagers is an equal opportunity employer. We offer paid holidays and vacation, health insurance, 401(k), and opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
Senior Financial Analyst
Speakeasy Ales & Lagers, an iconic San Francisco craft brewery, is seeking to add talent with a passion for craft beer and devotion to quality.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Role: Senior Financial Analyst
Reports to: Director of Finance & Administration
The Sr. Financial Analyst will be responsible for oversight of all day-to-day finance, accounting and reporting activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, month-end close processes and payroll. S/he will be involved in supporting presentations to the board of directors and will work closely with the senior leadership team. In addition, the Sr. Financial Analyst will partner with senior leadership, and to process day-to-day transactions and to enhance and better integrate finance and HR functions – responsibilities will also extend to providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for completing month-end close, analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain internal control processes for all financial related matters
- Analyze budget vs. actual expenditures, coordinate/report these results with cross functional leadership
- Coordinate and audit inventory management, ensure accuracy of data in accounting software
- Clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of financial status
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of ad-hoc reports
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Strong preference given to candidates with prior Craft Brewery or Food & Beverage experience
- Three to five years of accounting and finance experience, ideally beginning in cost accounting, followed by experience in an analytical environment - gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and external stakeholders
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, reliability, a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own responsibility for finance
- Minimum of a BA/BS; CPA a plus
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software (Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks required)
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Compensation & Benefits include:
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Full health benefits package
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
If you think you are our ideal candidate, please email us your cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.